During the first decade of the 20th century, Henry Cues (1904–1906), the first deputy commissioner (D.C.) of Lyallpur (now Faisalabad), established a social club where the British officers serving in “Sandal Bar” could gather at their leisure.
The club was built for off-duty British officers and the cost of construction was paid for by the officers themselves. The funds were provided by 36 members while the individual contributions amounted form Rs 10 to Rs 500. The total amount collected was Rs 2,080.
In March 1910, the 72-kanal club was established in Qaisary Bagh (Now Company Bagh/Jinnah Garden) on land acquired from the Irrigation Department.
The club has been promoting social, cultural and sports activities in the region for more than a 100 years and has over 3,000 members. It is located 1km from the Railway Station and 13km from the Airport.
There are two distinct epochs in the century – old construction viz. before partition (1910 – 1947) and the post partition (1947- to date). Regardless of this division, it has always been a centre of gravitation for a variety of social, cultural, sports and other recreational activities in town. Till 1942, only Britishers were allowed to join the club after which a few Indians were admitted for the first time.